Durastill 4280 Commercial Water Distiller
Due to Durastill Factory Backorders: 240 volt and 208 volt commercial distiller orders ship in 2-3 months!
The Durastill 4280 Commercial Water Distiller produces 42 gallons every day and stores an impressive 80 gallons. It comes in two electrical configurations 208 Volt or 240 Volt depending on your industrial needs. This distillation system is fully automatic to meet the most demanding industrial needs. In fact, it is designed to connect a demand pump providing distilled water “on tap.” Proudly Made in the USA, Durastill has been the commercial water distiller leader for over 46 years! Durastill is also the only commercial water distiller manufacturer to provide parts and service for every distiller ever produced from our factory.
Durastill 4280 Product Overview:
- Completely Automatic Commercial Water Distillation System
- 208 Volt or 240 Volt electrical configuration options
- (1) Durastill Model 42C produces 42 gallons in 24 hours
- Produces up to 42 gallons of pure distilled water per day or 159 liters per day
- 80 gallon stainless steel water storage tank is 18 gauge 304 stainless steel
- Water Sight Level so you can see how full the tank it
- Fully automatic commercial-grade distillation system
- Made in the USA
- 1 Year Parts Replacement Warranty
- Industrial Grade Stainless Steel Construction
- *** Compatible with the Durastill Automatic Drain Valve
- *** Compatible with UV Light for 80 gallon tank
- *** Compatible with the 3.3 Gallon Per Minute Remote Faucet System
Durastill 4280 Product Details:
- 30 amp service is recommended for the 42C distiller
240 volt AC - 50/60 Hz - single phase - 22 amps & 5000 watts
- 208 volt AC - 50/60 Hz - single phase - 25 amps & 5000 watts
- NEMA 6-50P plug (50 amp cord and plug is heavier duty and lasts longer)
- Completely AUTOMATIC System
- Main power fan on/off control switch
- Automatic water fill on/off control (float control protected)
- Pilot switch controlling relay
- Low voltage external pilot circuit
- 24 volt breaker-protected control circuit
- Manually reset electrical thermostat
- Boiling chamber is 18 gauge 316 alloy stainless steel. Holds 5.79 gallons (2.94 water, 2.85 steam)
- Aluminum cooling fins on stainless steel condenser coils
- 12 inch or 30.5 cm diameter condenser fan, 1/20 HP motor
- Distiller Cabinet - 20 gauge 304 stainless steel with black painted carbon steel support structure for fan and coil
- Storage tank is 18 gauge 304 stainless steel and holds 80 gallons
- 24 volt float switch in storage tank for high level control
- Durastill 4280 Overall Height: 74 inches
- Distiller: Model 42C
- Height: 17 inches
- Width: 23 inches
- Depth: 18 inches
- Shipping Weight: 75 pounds
- Storage Tank: 80 Gallons
- Height: 52 inches (approx. 57 inches including furnished stand)
- Width: 23 inches
- Depth: 23 inches
- Shipping Weight: 95 pounds
Frequently Asked Questions & Answers
How much does the 4280 weigh when it is completely full of water?
When the 4280 is completely full it weighs a total of 927 pounds. Taking this weight load into account will help you determine the best location for your Durastill 4280 and make sure your floor can handle this weight load. The Total Weight when the 80 gallon tank is full and the 42C distiller boiling chamber are (hold 6 gallons) full is 86 gallons of water x 8.8 pounds per gallon is 757 pounds + 75 pounds 42C distiller weight + 95 pounds tank weight = 927 pounds.
What exactly do I get with my Durastill 4280 system purchase?
Part Numbers for Durastill 4280 Commercial Water Distiller System:
|400216||42C Distiller - 42 Gallon, Auto Fill (208 or 240 volt)|
|400108||80 Gallon Stainless Steel Tank with 24 Volt Float Control|
|400510||Water Sight Level|
If the 42C distiller uses 22-25 Amps depending on the voltage, then why use a 50 Amp cord and plug instead of just a 30 Amp one?
We use a 50 AMP cord and plug for the 42C distiller because it is more heavy duty and it lasts longer. The 30 Amp cord and plug doesn't last as long. At Durastill our commercial water distillers are battle tested and you get 46 years of experience built into your industrial-grade system. We give you the best quality and durability!
How do I configure the whole system including the Durastill 4280 + Automatic Drain Valves + UV Light + 3.3 Gallon-Per-Minute Remote Faucet System?
That is a great question. You should never buy the Durastill 4280 without the automatic drain valves for the distiller and the UV Light for the tank. The Automatic Drain Valve is attached to the exit line of the 42C distiller boiling chamber. It will open once a day and flush out or drain everything that has accumulated in the boiling chamber. Each 42C needs it's own Automatic Drain Valve. The UV Light stays on all the time and constantly sterilizes the 80 gallon tanks. This means you never have to clean your distillers or tank, because you are automatically cleaning your distillers and water storage tank every day. This extends the life of your 4280 Commercial Water Distillation System! In fact I have never sold a commercial water distillers without these add-ons.
You are going to need to pump the water out of the 80 gallon storage tank. I recommend you add a ball valve so you can turn off the water if you need to. This makes it really easy to turn off the water and replace the Post Carbon Filter in the Remote Faucet System. The Durastill 3.3 gallon per minute Remote Faucet System is a on-demand pumping system with an accumulator to give you a steady and sure stream of water. Plus you have a faucet to dispense the distilled water. Most customers buy this Remote Faucet System but some people already have their own custom pumping system setup.
HOW-TO Setup and Install Durastill 4280 Commercial Water Distiller
Durastill 4280 Commercial Water Distiller PRODUCT MANUAL:
Durastill 42C Automatic Commercial Water Distiller Manual
Durastill 80 Gallon Water Storage Tank Manual